Vedic Eatery Curacao
January 14th (Th)
(Day of Pongal - marks the auspicious beginning of Uttarayan - sun's journey to wards the northern hemisphere.
February 1st (Tu)
Kripalu Yoga Classes.
According to Ayurveda, there are ten principles about a healthy diet and how it is to be eaten.
- Food needs to be hot (usually cooked).
- Food needs to be tasty and easy to digest.
- Food needs to be eaten in the proper amounts, not too much or too little.
- Food needs to be eaten on an empty stomach, after last meal has been digested, and not before.
- Foods need to work together and not contradict one another in their actions.
- Foods need to be eaten in pleasant surroundings with the proper equipment for their enjoyment.
- Eating should not be rushed.
- Eating should not be a horrendously drawn out affair, either.
- It is best to focus on food while eating.
- Only eat food which is nourishing to particular constitution and which suits mental and emotional Temperament.
Vedic food is based on Ayurveda: 6 Tastes, the 5 Elements, the tree Doshas and tree Gunas
|Sweet||Earth & Water||Subdued||Subdued||Increase||Sattvic|
|Pungent||Air &Fire||Increase||Increase||Subdued||Rajastic Tamasic|
|Bitter||Air & Akasha||Increase||Subdued||Subdued||Rajastic|
|Astringent||Air & Earth||Increase||Subdued||Subdued||Rajastic|
Come and visit us every Sunday at Vedic Eatery Curacao, and take in the restful spiritual atmosphere of our beautiful eating place gardens as you enjoy our Vedic based dishes prepared with love and devotion!
Open only on Sunday’s from 11:00 to 15:00 hours. Call to order your food - No delivery.